Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mom's Club

Normally Wednesdays are my only days where I don't HAVE to leave my house unless I want to. It is normally my day at home to get things done around the house. Today would have been the same except today I began a women's bible study for moms. I went with a friend from Emily's school. Our girls have been together in the same class for two years and are sweet friends. Ella's mom, Kim, had made mention of this study group a few times and when I asked her about it she sent me the info and told me to come. I am so glad I did. The group is being lead by a veteran mom of six. Her stories were great and she had a real way about her incorporating scripture and true life trying to raise children in a Christian home. I really enjoyed it and listening to others give their testimonies. The last time I did a formal bible study outside or religious education was in sixth grade in Alabama. Believe it or not they used to lead a bible study before school at a public school. That would never happen today! I loved it then and hope to have the same feelings this time. Not only did I enjoy it but Emily loved going to her own class, and even Michael liked the nursery. Let's hope it stays that way. While I am giving up my only free day I know that I will get so much more than if I had stayed home and cleaned. I do that everyday anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment