Monday, October 11, 2010

Pie in the Sky

This weekend was busy! On Saturday we had a garage sale in an attempt to sell our baby gear. No such luck! We did end up making $150 on clothes and toys though so it wasn't a total loss but boy was I tired after. Gus went with a coworker toward the end of the sale to the GT homecoming football game. Traitor! Whatever the Dawgs still won (finally) and he had a good time at the GT game which they also won. It was his first college football game experience and he LOVED it! Later that night after kids were sleeping I went to my neighbors and hung out with a few friends for a girl talk visit. It was nice not to have to get all dressed up and just relax.

Sunday was a pretty laid back day for the most part. Gus took Emily and Jake out to lunch and to the park while I stayed home and put Mikey down for his nap. I was able to get two and half bathrooms cleaned before they got home. Later that afternoon I ran some errands to Babies R Us and Marshalls and had a little alone mommy time. I just know I am not the only one who craves some moments of alone mommy time. A moment to think with out having to tend to anyone or anything. I didn't buy anything but I sure enjoyed just looking around. So last night we decided to go out to eat. My husband and I watch the show called, Man vs Food on the Travel channel. It's this great show where the host takes on eating challenges throughout the country. Well a few years ago he came to Atlanta and took the Carnivore challenge at the Big Pie in the Sky in Kennesaw. Here are the rules:

Two people have one hour to eat an 11 lb pizza that is loaded with toppings.

If you win you get $250 and your name on a plaque in the restaurant. Two teams have actually won it just this year for the first time.


We just went to check it out and eat pizza. It was GOOD! and CHEAP! I am pretty sure we will go again. The place was packed and there were lots of people who came in with cameras to capture the moment. I was not one of them. :( buuut here are some pics I did find so you can get an idea.








You can see a video of the first winners here:

No comments:

Post a Comment