Saturday, October 23, 2010

So let's catch up

So a lot of things have happened since my last posting. Really life is just so busy.
We celebrated Jake's 11th birthday on the 12th. It was low key since it was on a school day but still a great day. I went up to his school at lunch with a cookie cake and he was surprised and thrilled to have me there. I sure hope he feels that way as he gets older. We went out to eat at Fuddruckers, his favorite! Later that weekend we had a few friends go to Mountasia Fun Center for go karts, arcade, and mini golf. He had so much fun!


A week ago I met a long distance friend, Adriana, and her two sweet little girls, Olivia and Gaby downtown at Centennial Olympic Park and the CNN center. The girls were able to meet and more importantly we were able to finally meet and just talk. I just know that if we lived in the same city we would be good friends. Here is a picture of Michael and Gaby, only two weeks apart.




Jake had his 5th grade recorder performance. It was actually really good. The chorus teacher used music from the 60's to today. It was so hard to get a decent picture. Here he is with his Nana.


Friday Michael woke up sick. I think he had some type of stomach bug because he had no appetite and was vomiting. Luckily it stopped around dinner time and he has been vomit free since. I just let him sleep and eat/drink little bits and he seems to be doing fine. We waited a couple of days and then hit the Berry Farm Patch for a little fall pumpkin fun.





Truly my life is just so go go go....there really isn't one day were we get to sleep in and just stay home. I am not complaining. I am grateful for the opportunity to be home and to have these special moments with my children. I am so grateful for new days, new beginnings, and the chance to always try again. Did I mention I got Michael's stomach bug? Yeah, fun times!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It was so great to finally meet! I hope we can do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete